Top 5 Reasons to Visit an Emergency Dentist in Las Vegas, NV
There are many reasons why visiting an emergency dentist may be necessary. An injury to your teeth or gums can happen quickly and unexpectedly. Additionally, you may find yourself in need of an emergency dentist after years of neglecting your oral health. So, how do you know when it is a dental emergency?
Types of Dental Emergencies
Common reason to visit an emergency dentist include:
- Severe Tooth Pain – If you have severe tooth pain, do not ignore it, especially when it’s constant and doesn’t go away. If you suddenly start experiencing swelling in a large part of your mouth, you need to be treated right away.
- Knocked-Out Tooth – If a tooth gets knocked out, do not play it tough and refuse to see the dentist. Play it smart. Place your tooth in a container with milk, and see our dentist as soon as possible.
- Filling Falls Out – Sometimes a tooth filling will fall out while chewing. You will likely notice your tooth is suddenly very sensitive to hot and cold temperatures, and it may hurt when you eat. If you suspect you have lost a filling and/or are feeling sudden pain, you need to see our dentist as soon as possible.
- Lost Dental Crown – Dental crowns can also fall out if your teeth are severely decayed. If you believe your crown has fallen out or are experiencing pain, you need to see our dentist soon.
- Gum Damage – Damaged gums are a common injury that can happen during some type of accident. The accident may be car-related, sports-related or something else. The tooth and gum are often damaged at the same time.
If you think you may be in need of immediate dental care, please contact your emergency dentist in Las Vegas NV today!